Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blindfolded faith


The most vulnerable anyone can ever feel is when they are completely subjected to the care, guidance and dependency upon another person.  Add a “blindfold” to that equation and you have complete faith.  In reality, no one ever (really) wants to trust anyone that much; it just seems ridiculous and unnecessary.  However…..faith requires it.

“Because He loved me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high.  Because he has known My name.” Psalm 91:14 (NAS)

While it is important to know why we believe what we believe, the dissecting of it can become our “faith”.  How sad to think that the only reason I trust someone is because I’ve fully examined them to my satisfaction.  My personal faith has never been based upon my ability to fully understand/comprehend God but to trust Him with what I know and accept what I cannot comprehend.  Maybe that’s why my personal relationship with Him has never wavered.

Thought to live by:  Do you know God because you can comprehend Him or because you trust Him?

“Who’s your daddy; knowing God as Abba Father” Copyright © 2011, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment