Friday, July 27, 2012

Middle of the Road

There is a point in life when we stand in the middle of the road we’re on and wonder how all the time we’ve spent so far, has gone by so fast.  If memory serves us right, we see details, clips and moments in life’s timeline we hope we never forget and some we wish we could stop remembering.   Some are vivid.  Some are sad.  Some bring us sporadic moments of unspeakable joy.  Most are priceless.

At the midpoint of my life, (which I assume is right about now) I’m recalling, rewinding and remembering the moments that have shaped me into who I’ve become.  The earliest ones laid a foundation I still stand upon to this day.  The latter are part of life’s ongoing “gifts” that continuously shape, mold and pour back into being who I’m meant to be, taking me down this path I’m compelled to follow.  Those treasures, I pray, are the ones that stay ever present in my life each day……

If it were not for my praying mother’s two knees, I would not have these two “feet” that ground and compel me to stand strong in a shaky world

My father scooping me into his arms when I cried in my crib for someone to know I needed comfort taught me to be those “arms” for someone else when my turn came

A small scar from my first scraped knee daily reminds that not getting back up hurts worse than falling down

The first time, at four years old, that I felt the presence of God and simply knew He existed

Labor pains that taught me motherhood is a lifelong lesson about the “birthing” process of another human being and the “joy” of being a mom overrules the “painful” moments that come with both

The spoken words “I love you” from my loved ones trumps any card, present or reward this world could offer

Freedom is not a birth right but a human condition no one can steal from us unless we let them

If you love God, you live to please Him

A loving, faithful and Christ-centered husband is a gift from God

More lessons surely lie ahead but these will be the one’s I treasure most as I continue my journey to learning more…….

Every day is a “birthday” when we live our life to the fullest……

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment