Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday gift

After returning from the mall, my husband (who rarely goes shopping) expressed his concern over finding me a birthday present. "Everything I looked at wasn't good enough for you" he said, almost painstakingly. "What a great problem to have" I thought to myself, "knowing that nothing "materialistic" could ever express enough your love for someone."

"The one thing I ask of the Lord – the thing I seek most – is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple." Psalm 27:4 NIV

Fifty years of living has taught me one thing on this day; everyday is a "birthday" present from God when you have Christ. The joy of knowing that one day I'll "live in the house of the Lord" for all the remaining days of my life makes me celebrate everyday I'm here as a "birthday" gift from God.

Thought to live by: Salvation through Christ gives new meaning to the word "birthday".

"Who's your daddy; knowing God as Abba Father" is a devotional written by Pat Ferguson (Copyright © 2011, All Rights Reserved)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment