Monday, May 16, 2011

“Daytimers”

The entry of the "daytimer" universally made those who used it change their way of thinking about their day, altogether. I recall my first encounter with mine and how it not only organized my plans it subliminally kept me moving forward all day long. Now my Blackberry has taken its place and a "ring" has become my instant reminder that something important requires my immediate attention.

"The Lord gave me a message. He said, "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my spokesman to the world." (Jeremiah 1: 4-5)

Back in the day, God's intimacy with us was thought to be much more audible, intentional and direct. However, it probably wasn't much different than it is today; we're just busier and poor on time. The same God who spoke to a young Jeremiah speaks to each one of us, audibly, distinctly and directly, today. The question isn't "does God still speak to us?" but "are we listening?" We simply can't listen if we're too busy, if our calendar has weighed us down with demands and if we haven't made time to stop, pray and listen to God, today. If we believe that God knew us before we were even born then we believe God's word entirely; that we were set apart and appointed to be spokesmen to the world for Him. However….we can't speak about what we don't know or haven't heard.

Thought to live by: Just spending a few minutes listening and praying to God and meditating on His word each morning will determine the rest of our day.

"Who's your daddy; knowing God as Abba Father" is a daily devotional written by Pat Ferguson © Copyright 2011, All Rights Reserved


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment