Friday, February 11, 2011

And the winner is.....

When a recent email notice sent to me exclaimed "Winner" in the address bar I must say I was skeptical at first.  Not (regularly) being a winner (of anything) I knew it was either a ploy or a reality.  In this case, reality sunk in very quickly once I opened the notice recognizing the "prize" came from a known source.  Because of my simple contribution to an activity I volunteerily performed, I had won a DVD of a movie I had wanted to see but never did.  What a nice suprise to know that my mere obedience became my reward! 

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 3:14

Can we only imagine the day when we meet God face to face the overwhelming joy we will experience as we are handed the "prize" He has promised us simply because we were faithful to follow Christ?  I can assure it you it's value will be worth more than rubies, gold or any worldly object of our affection.

Thought to live by:  My goal in this life is to live as Christ.
"Who's your daddy; knowing God as Abba Father" is a daily devotional written by Pat Ferguson Copyright  (c) 2010, Pat Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment